Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cast made out of tape

So, this morning I woke up and realized that my wrist really hurt. I have no idea what happened, but apparently I slept on it funny and now it feels like I sprained it or something. While not being able to adequately brace my wrist, I had a wonderful idea. My work place has tape that we use to secure wires and such. It's kind of like duct tape, but better. It's called gaff tape. It's really sturdy and durable. I got a soft cleaning cloth, wrapped that around my wrist first (so the tape doesn't rip my arm hair off later), then wrapped up my wrist with gaff tape. Of course being me, I got my coworkers to sign it, and I drew all over it with a silver sharpie... hee hee hee...

I've never broken any of my bones before, so I'm not sure how a cast is supposed to feel, but I imagine it feels something like this. I once had a soft cast on my leg because I basically fell down a mountain when I was in high school. It was basically the same this I just did for my self, with some plastic braces to keep my ankle sturdy.

Anyway, don't be too worried about me. My wrist doesn't hurt so bad anymore and I think this faux-cast will really help it get better. :)

Oh, and of course, here's the pic.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I've never had a cast before, but I've had a sprain. It basically feels really cold and like there's nail stuck in the middle of your wrist.

    I'm glad it's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you fell down that hill...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo! Sexy cast, Cara! Hope the wrist feels better soon. - Nicole

    ReplyDelete