Thursday, May 13, 2010

A little over a month

OMG!!! 44 DAYS!!!

Things are really coming together now, but of course with the stress comes doubt. "Are we doing the right thing?", "Is this happening too fast?", "Does he really love me?", "Do I really want this?", etc. You start to second guess yourself and wonder whether or not things are going right, or if it's really happening at all. Is that what they call cold-feet? I'm not sure. I mean, with just over a month left to go it wouldn't make any sense not to be scared or worried. What am I supposed to do? I feel I've talked about the wedding so much that I should be more exciting then I am, but now I'm just worried. I also am trying really hard not to be Bridezilla. I think there is almost nothing worse a bride could do then to go all crazy on people!

On a lighter note, I bought my veil today. I shopped for the cheapest deal and found a small birdcage veil online for $15! I had to pay $10 in shipping because it's coming from Canada, but hey... it's better than $175 for a piece of fabric you wear for one day. I'm not sure when it will be here, but here's the picture from the website I bought it from.

I also found some really cute baggies for favors! They're adorable. I haven't purchased them yet, but I know where to get them. I was also looking at decorations and other small details for the ceremony and reception. Oriental Trading Co has the best deals on small decorations. Then I looked for ribbon to decorate our cake with and I found a paper ribbon online that is pretty cheap. It's perfect for the cake! I can't wait to see it!
We are also looking for plastic tumblers and plates/baskets. We were thinking that since the wedding is at a campground then it would be cute to make the buffet table a build-your-own-picnic table. We would buy a whole bunch of small baskets and everyone could make their own lunch from our buffet. It's going to be so much fun!
I'm trying to decide weather or not I want to have wine [uh, I mean soda] at the wedding. Most of the guests so far are going to be over 21, and since there aren't going to be many people there it wouldn't be terribly expensive to buy a few bottles. We'll see what we come up with, but it could be a lot of fun to have a little bit of "soda" [wink, wink] at the reception.

Now all we have to get are:
Ceremony Decorations
Unity Ceremony Sand and Containters
Reception Decorations
Food for the reception
Cake supplies
Gifts for my attendants
A gift for the officiant
A gift for Mitch
cooking materials for the favors I'm making
buy the programs [although I'm not sure we need them with so few attending]
....I can't think of anything else

And as I'm wrote all of that a small rainbow appeared in the sky right outside my office window. That gives me a sign of peace and comfort that I'm doing the right think and that everything is going to be all right. I can't believe how good God has been to me through all of this! He's so wonderful!

 Until next time!
Slán go maith (good bye in Irish)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you've heard of a Salt Covenant, but they can be used in stead of a Sand Ceremony. Plus it is something you and your husband can use everyday after. I love it, and I love refilling it with my husband. http://bit.ly/aQ7aov

    ReplyDelete