Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mitch has arrived!

Mitch is here! I am so excited!!! He arrived last night at about 11:30 in Oceanside. I had to drive 45 minutes to go get him. Apparently there was an accident on the tracks and Amtrak wasn't letting anything through to San Diego. From what we heard a man was trespassing on the tracks and got hit by a train. There was going to be a minimum 2 hour delay before they were going to let the train go through, so I just drove up to get him. Of course it was late, and raining, at dark... so I got lost. At least I got lost in Oceanside and not somewhere in between. I had my iPhone with me so I was able to get around a little bit, but I still got really confused. The directions told me to go to a certain area where there was a "DO NOT ENTER" sign. So then I drove around in circles trying to figure out if I was in the right place or not. Then I was on the phone with Mitch trying to direct me, but he had no clue where he was, and certainly no clue where I was. He tried talking to locals at the station, but I was trying to talk to him and we both just got really frustrated. I finally found him and we yelled a little bit.... but then he just kissed me and held on to me. We stood in the dark parking lot for a little while just hugging, and then we started back to Loma.

We finally got back around 1:30 am... and I had to be at work at 8. GRRR... of course we stayed up till 3 talking and what-not, so I didn't get much sleep, but surprisingly I'm not the one who's tired. Mr. "I slept all day on the bus" is the one who's out of it today. lol...

Anyway, I'm so glad to have him here and right now I'm finishing up my day at work. He spent the whole day looking for jobs while playing FarmVille on Facebook and chatting with his sister in Nebraska. Tonight I have to get him another hotel room because I haven't heard from anyone at the church about the trailer that is supposed to be getting set up for him. I have no clue what's going on there. At least this time the motel is only $40 instead of $70. Maybe I can even get another AAA discount?!? [keep your fingers crossed]

I GOT MY VEIL TODAY!!! It's so cute!
They gave two white rose hair pins to go with the veil as a thank you for shopping with them! :) LOVE IT!
Well, that about wraps it up for today.

Until next time!

Cara

tip of the day: try a Chai Tea Latte with white mocha... it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment