Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Start of a new semester

As summer boils down to it's last few weeks of existence I've starting getting ready for the next school semester to start, and so is the university. I can tell it's getting close because the people at Point Loma have started repainting road markers, cutting grass, dusting cobwebs, gathering up the gnomes, etc. It's eerily quiet on campus, which I can only assume is the calm before the storm. Soon the campus will irrupt with activity. Student employees will be the first to arrive, then the new/transfer students will move into their dorms and attend NSO (new student orientation). Then, right before classes start, all of the old students will arrive.

I'm glad to be living off campus this year. It's so much easier to not have to move my stuff every 6 months. It's quite surreal now, being a senior. I've actually spend 3 years here? REALLY? It doesn't seem like it. I feel like I've just started! It's also hard to believe that I'm going to be graduating soon! I mean, it won't be this year because I have too many classes to take. However, it is creeping down on me. I will have to actually find a job and start being a complete adult! WHAT?!?!? I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I am married, so it only serves to reason that I should consider myself an adult now. I haven't lived in my parent's house for almost 4 years now. I should be an adult now, right?

Anyway, life is moving fast and soon I've started thinking about my future after college. Mitch and I are thinking of moving to Oregon or Washington after I graduate. The only down side to that plan is that there aren't a whole lot of graphic design jobs up there. I've looked at several job search sites and the supply of graphic design jobs north of California is limited to say the least. I might have to look at other states. I know that I don't want to live in California for the rest of my life. This state is crumbling beneath our feet and I really don't want to stay here. Besides that it has some of the worst elementary and high schools in the country, and I need to consider my future children and their education. I know that's a ways away, but its still something to consider.

Besides thinking of school starting and life after university, I've also been looking at purchasing school books and materials. I need to email my professors to figure out what books I'm going to need. I'd like to have them ordered soon so that I can have them by the first week of school. I really want to get a new camera, but I'm having the hardest time finding one within my budget, granted my budget is below $300. I might have found one on Cragislist, but we shall see if the guy takes my offer. If you are selling a digital EOS camera, let me know. I'm like Canon, Nikon, and Sony.

I've started Vloggin on YouTube. We'll see how that goes. I'm not much of a talker when it comes to cameras so I'm not sure if that will work out for me. I'd like to be hired by YouTube, but that's a big wish that is highly unlikely.

Well, that's really all for now.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment