Sunday, July 25, 2010

New job and bordom

Mitch has officially started his new job at Chili's. I dropped him off at about 4:50 for his 5:00 shift and then went straight home. I'm so proud of him for getting this job after looking for more than 3 months, and I know that he's really excited to be doing something that he loves: cooking. They are starting him out on the grill cooking hamburgers and steaks and doing prep work for the other cooks. After a while he will get to learn the other stations, move up to full time, and get a pay raise. He's already starting out over minimum  wage, which is a huge blessing. When he gets to full time he can take the group insurance offered by Chili's. I really hope that happens soon because I'd love to go see a chiropractor.

Anyway, the only down side to Mitch working is that I'm home alone. It won't be too bad once he gets a regular schedule. I just hope we actually get to see each other. I usually work until 4:30, and if he has to start work at 5, well, we're just not going to see a whole lot of each other for a while. I guess this is what life is going to be like. Other couples do it all the time, so I know that God will help us through it all.

Next weekend I'm traveling up to Sacramento area to see two of the most amazing people I know tie the knot. Elijah Waddle and Beth Serrano are getting married this coming Friday and I simply cannot wait! It's going to be a beautiful wedding! I'm going to travel with one of my good friends on Thursday afternoon. I wonder what I should get them as a gift? I'm not really sure. HMMM....

Well, I'm going to go think on that for a while and possibly make myself some dinner.


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment