Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We're Married!!

I'm a horrible blogger...
Sorry guys! I didn't have much internet access while I was up north for the wedding, and then my dad's computer crashed, so there wasn't much I could do about getting any more pre-wedding blogs to you guys. Anyway....

Mitch and I are married now!


 It's been a wonderful week and a half! We moved into our apartment right before we took off for NorCal. A couple who used to go to our church gave us a queen bed (complete with mattress and box spring, and frame) the day we were going to leave, so that stalled our departure just a bit, but we set the bed up. It looks nice, plus it's super comfortable.

The wedding was beautiful! It was so much fun too! There were a couple of hiccups, as Mitch so affectionately calls them. I forgot the music, for one. My mom had to run back to the house and get my iPhone, which has my iPod (with all the wedding music on it). It turned out to be a blessing though. Three of my friends from San Diego had driven up for the wedding and instead of going to the ceremony site they had driven to my house. My mom got there just in time to get what we had forgotten and pick up my friends.

Another "hiccup" was that I woke up with a huge pimple on my back. I felt like Tulla from the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" when she woke up the day of her wedding and discovered she had a huge zit on her chin! Fortunately, my case wasn't as extreme. My dress was a halter so it was a pretty visible zit. Luckily my sister was there with a huge makeup box and covered that mountain of a pimple with enough makeup to put another layer on Queen Elizabeth's (1st) face.

My maid of honor didn't arrive to my house to help me get ready until 1:30 and the ceremony started at 2. It kind of put me behind, but it all worked out. Again my sister was there and had already helped me get into my dress. We were going to something nice with my hair, but we didn't have time. Good thing God blessed me with naturally curly hair and it looked really nice that day, so we just left it the was it was.

But enough with the bad stuff...
The wedding was so much fun! As I was waiting to walk down the aisle Mitch's best man came inside the Cook House (reception hall) to get ready to walk down my Maid of Honor. He took one look at me and walked back outside. Apparently he went and told Mitch that I was "smoking hott!" and "you're one lucky guy!". It was flattering!

I walked down to "Broken Road" by Rascal Flats, which is our song and it brought tears to Mitch's and my eyes. My parents read passages of scripture, Mitch and I did the sand ceremony where we combined two different colors of sand into one container. It represents our two different lives joining together as one. We repeated vows, exchanged rings, kissed.. and then we were married! It went by so fast!

The reception was amazing! We had toasts, dancing, cake, more dancing... etc. My dad and I danced to "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlise. I grew up listening to that song and I always wanted it played at my wedding. At first I wanted my dad to sing it, but I knew that he wouldn't be able to. He'd start crying the moment the song started. I went over and grabbed my dad's hand and said, "It's time for the Father-Daughter dance! As soon as my dad heard the music start he said to me, "You had to play this song, didn't you?" He smiled, teared up, and then pulled me close..
.
Mitch and I danced to "Come What May" from the movie "Moulin Rouge". We whispered the lyrics to each other as we danced. He kept telling me how beautiful I looked. :) At the end of the song he dipped me! Oh, the romance!

Later I danced with my brother, Marc. He taught me how to Fox Trot.. lol. That was really fun, but hard in my wedding dress. Plus I had taken off my heels because my feet had swollen up in the heat. I just wore my sandals during the reception. We also danced to a pretty upbeat song so it became difficult to dance to it after a while.

We had amazing food and the reception. Members of my dad's church helped out by bringing finger foods. It turned out to be awesome. The cake was amazing and beautiful. My mom's friend, Paula, helped me put it together.  We had three tiers: the top was vanilla, the middle was marbled chocolate/vanilla, and the bottom was chocolate. My friend Michelle made the cake topper: tow little birds sitting next together. I added a small bird house of the second tier. Paula supplied the cake stand, which worked perfectly!

All-in-all, it was a wonderful day.

I'll add pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment